Vote for KITT on Yahoo Autos

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

btwracing
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Vote for KITT on Yahoo Autos

Post by btwracing » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:57 pm

Guys,

Vote for KITT as the car you would want to drive. You may vote on Yahoo.com and go to the autos section. The poll is on the right. KITT needs our assistance!

Peace out,
btwracing

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:27 pm

KITT's got my vote. Damn, as of this writing, the General Lee is leading the poll closely followed by the Batmobile. KITT and the BTTF DeLorean are trailing behind. Sigh, looks like another won race by the General Lee over our beloved KITT. :roll:

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:51 am

Argh!

I just voted...currently KITT is next to last place...

Good grief, why would anyone prefer to drive the General Lee?

1982K.I.T.T.
Recruit

Post by 1982K.I.T.T. » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:32 am

That just sickens me that the Dukes of Hazard is more popular. The only reason is Daisey Dukes. If Bonnie looked like her and wore short shorts, than KR would be more popular.

1982K.I.T.T.
Recruit

Post by 1982K.I.T.T. » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:35 am

Herbie the Love Bug!!! They must be joking!!!

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:11 pm

Why in the hell would anyone pick a bright orange car, who's doors don't even open, over a beautiful black Trans Am who can talk, drive himself and is virtually indestructible? Doesn't make any sense to me, but what do I know?
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:17 pm

1982K.I.T.T. wrote:That just sickens me that the Dukes of Hazard is more popular. The only reason is Daisey Dukes. If Bonnie looked like her and wore short shorts, than KR would be more popular.
I totally agree with you. Daisy Duke, or more or less Jessica Simpson, is probably going to be the only reason guys will go to see the new movie. I saw some previews on MTV and they have her the majority of the time in the movie in nothing more than a bikini. Now I've only seen the original Dukes a few times and I certainly don't remember Daisy Duke trotting around the whole show in a bikini. It just goes to show you that producers will turning anything into a T and A movie just to make it sell. It's kind of sad really. :(
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:56 pm

Definitely I voted for KITT. Now, if KARR was there too, I'd be having a hard time choosing. :twisted:

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:17 pm

http://autos.yahoo.com/

Here's the link.I saw the preview for the new Herbie movie.Yawn!Looks so heartwarming you could just barf.I agree about Jessica Simpson in the new Dukes movie for eye candy.Sure,Catherine Bach wore skimpy shorts,but not like what I've seen on Simpson.Also,wasn't Daisy Duke a brunette?I wonder,if I yelled in her ear,would I hear an echo?
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:33 pm

I voted for KITT too, but he's still in next-to-last place in front of Herbie.

I wonder about the General Lee too...I mean, it's cool, compared to a normal car, but compared to KITT, it IS a normal car, and KITT is a SUPERCAR.

I like the Dukes Of Hazzard, but for me it would be KITT every time.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:44 pm

Most of the people who voted in that poll are fans of the original series way back in the 80's. It just goes to show how popular the Dukes of Hazard is when compared with Knight Rider. No one can doubt that it will be more comfortable travelling in KITT rather than in a tomato colored car with boxy styling and non-opening doors. It doesn't matter...the show was more popular with more people and it shows in the poll.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:05 pm

trooper TK-WHA?? wrote:I saw the preview for the new Herbie movie.Yawn!Looks so heartwarming you could just barf.
I loved it! :) When I saw the trailer I laughed so hard I nearly needed a change of a certain garment. ;)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:12 pm

All "fandom" aside, here's my more "technical" analysis of why I'd pick KITT over the other cars as far as drivability:

General Lee:

Doors welded shut, too hard to get into, probably standard transmission. Odd coloring (I don't like a car that stands out too much).

Herbie the Love Bug:

As charming and fun as Herbie can get, I don't think I'd like such a 'mischievous' car that can drive on his own but not also at least communicate by voice so I at least know what he's up to.

K.I.T.T.

I'd like K.I.T.T. because he's more logical minded (most of the time ;) ), and he can talk and communicate well. The ride would be very comfortable (seating is nice and comfy, I'd imagine and I assume the AI would be able to adjust to your specifications as needed). If you have a problem learning the system, K.I.T.T. can either take over or even probably teach you himself. He's quite knowledgeable, personable and friendly. Plus with his MBS he can't get damaged in a "normal" car accident! Speed and other features pretty much speak for themselves. :)

The Batmobile:

Too strange-looking for my tastes. I'd imagine high-tech but wouldn't be able to help you adjust to it's systems, tell you what you need to know to drive it, or adjust to your seating/environment needs.

DeLorean from Back to the Future:

See Batmobile. Plus the idea of going into a different time is a bit unnerving.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:47 pm

Next to KITT, the DeLorean Time Machine is my next choice of ride. It's the only one in the bunch that can fly and that helps a lot go through traffic. Not to mention that it can go forward and back in time, something than can be fun to do at times although the consequences can be a bit scary (but hey, life isn't all fun and games). I like Herbie too although I can't imagine myself driving him for long periods of time, there's just not too much legroom at all (or headroom, side room, etc.). If fuel economy was a big issue, then Herbie is the way to go (the DeLorean still ran on gas for its engine).

The Batmobile is cool looking although finding a parking space for it to fit into will be a daunting task. And getting into it and out of can be as difficult as the General Lee since it also has no doors to open.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:58 pm

HondaSiR wrote:If fuel economy was a big issue, then Herbie is the way to go (the DeLorean still ran on gas for its engine).
K.I.T.T.'s gas mileage would give engineers in Detroit a heart attack. :) He was touted as THE most fuel-efficient car ever and could run on just about any type of fuel. So K.I.T.T. could get better gas mileage than any of them (well, maybe the Batmobile, also a Turbine engine system, might come a close second or a tie).

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:51 am

Fantine wrote:Argh!

I just voted...currently KITT is next to last place...

Good grief, why would anyone prefer to drive the General Lee?
:) Prob'ly because people enjoy getting into it by climbing in the window!!! KITT would crush them all if they had a race!!!

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:52 am

1982K.I.T.T. wrote:That just sickens me that the Dukes of Hazard is more popular. The only reason is Daisey Dukes. If Bonnie looked like her and wore short shorts, than KR would be more popular.
You may have fallen on something there...... Bonnie in short shorts under KITT's hood???????? :D :) :oops: :shock: 8)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:57 am

FuzzieDice wrote:
HondaSiR wrote:If fuel economy was a big issue, then Herbie is the way to go (the DeLorean still ran on gas for its engine).
K.I.T.T.'s gas mileage would give engineers in Detroit a heart attack. :) He was touted as THE most fuel-efficient car ever and could run on just about any type of fuel. So K.I.T.T. could get better gas mileage than any of them (well, maybe the Batmobile, also a Turbine engine system, might come a close second or a tie).
Yup, KITT ran on any kind of combustible fuel at a fraction of the amount an ordinary Trans Am would consume. But IIRC, Herbie was capable of running himself even without fuel (albeit in a slow limited manner). If not, that little bug would still give KITT a run for his gas since Herbie's engine is smaller and lighter. 8)
chrisebourg wrote:You may have fallen on something there...... Bonnie in short shorts under KITT's hood????????
If that happened in the KR series, I think Bonnie would definitely give Daisy Duke a run for her shorts...errrr....popularity. Between the two females, its a no-win situation for me. Bonnie all the way! Oh, and there's April's turn too to wear short shorts. :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:14 am

HondaSiR wrote:If not, that little bug would still give KITT a run for his gas since Herbie's engine is smaller and lighter. 8)
As K.I.T.T. would say, "Not hardly." ;)

I still vote for K.I.T.T. on the gas mileage too. He was WAY beyond everything.

kittfan69
Recruit

Post by kittfan69 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:41 pm

Even though I'm typically not the practical type, I would have to say I would prefer KITT anyway because he is simply more practical than all the others (as far as real world application and function)! 8)

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:20 pm

We have to go on there and vote A LOT for KITT!!!!!!!!!
Its the only good choice!!!
Everyone VOTE! :D

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:17 pm

If they go by IP, I'm afraid I spent mine because I'm on DSL. I still love DSL though! :)

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:31 pm

chrisebourg wrote: Bonnie in short shorts under KITT's hood
:shock: That would so freakin' ROCK!! :wink:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:26 pm

I liked Bonnie in sexy dresses, but I don't know if she would have looked right in extra short shorts...

Anyway, let's give the Dukes some credit, eh? As a West Virginia native, I speak for all the males (and most of the females) in this state when I say that the General trumps every car out there for style and power, except...

KITT, of course, and there's where I differ from the rest of the people in this state. They're KR fans, too, but the Dukes are more in their minds now. I've seen some nice looking Generals around here, too. From the way those boys were driving them, I think the fantasy was a little too real.

DK

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:39 am

Oh poop!!
Looks like I missed the poll.