Cleaning Die-Cast KITT

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Industries 3000
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Cleaning Die-Cast KITT

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:35 pm

I finally found a Joyride die-cast KITT at a brick-and-mortar store, and I finally bought KITT. I've noticed, however, that the clear plastic "bands" that keep KITT's hood, doors, T-tops, and trunk lid closed in the package have left what looks like an oil on the metallic surfaces of the car. How would I go about cleaning the car to remove this stuff? Thanks in advance!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:53 pm

Whatever you do, don't use alcohol, thinner, gas or anything of a similar substance. It will harm the paint finish. Just use a clean soft cloth damped in lukewarm water with a little hand soap. Then if you feel like it, you can wax the entire outer finish (except the plastic and rubber parts) with some car wax and buff to a shine. When you are done playing with the car, put it back in the box or in a closed cabinet so that dust won't get in the interior. The inside of the car is the hardest to clean and will require disassembly.

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:38 am

Most hobby shops sell a r/c ,model cleaning kit that comes with a cleaner and tire shine fluid and foam swabs for such a thing like the diecast kitt and I use it on all my cars and even the diecast kitt/karr ,how ever karr decided for what unknown reason to roll off the shelf and his nose was scratched! :shock: :evil: ...so now I will dissasymble the car and order another one and take the scratched diecast car and sand it all the way down and turn it into a 3/4th season Junkyard dog/primered kitt!...and then the interior from karr will be placed in a new body!
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:05 pm

sheltonw3 wrote:Most hobby shops sell a r/c ,model cleaning kit that comes with a cleaner and tire shine fluid and foam swabs for such a thing like the diecast kitt and I use it on all my cars and even the diecast kitt/karr ,how ever karr decided for what unknown reason to roll off the shelf and his nose was scratched! :shock: :evil: ...so now I will dissasymble the car and order another one and take the scratched diecast car and sand it all the way down and turn it into a 3/4th season Junkyard dog/primered kitt!...and then the interior from karr will be placed in a new body!
I want to see that when your done!! that will look cool. I always thought Kitt looked wicked in Junk Yard dog all white. :twisted:
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;