KITT in Futurama

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kittfan69
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT in Futurama

Post by kittfan69 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:24 pm

Did anybody catch the ever-so-brief mention of KITT in futurama last night? The "Original were-car" was discribing his build make-up when he mentioned that his windshield wipers came from "that car from Knight Rider". He said that "his (KITT's) wipers were evil..nobody ever mentioned that, but they were evil wipers"! Once again i was glad to see mention of Knight Rider and/or KITT on adult swim. Especially from one of my other favorite shows

I am going to attempt to request of the writers of adult swim shows to cast in KITT and/or even Micheal into Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I think it would be helarious if they had KITT and Michel show up at their door and somehow Master Shake manages to distract or detain Micheal and try to use KITT for his own personal use. I could just picture all three characters, Master Shake, Meatwad and Frylock getting into trouble with this scenario!

Picture this: Master Shake somehow eludes Micheal and gets into KITT. After he gets into an argument with KITT, he then threatens KITT in his usual style and manages to convince KITT to take him where he wants to go. Then Frylock has to try to find and stop him, but with KITT's defensive programming under Master Shake's "influential" threats, he is unable to get to Shake to stop him.

Somehow, they could make it where Master Shake tries to make KITT break the law by doing his will, but KITT refuses and tricks Master Shake and ultimately abandons him in the middle of nowhere. Something like that. It could go anywhere, but i would be tickled pink to see KITT in action on this helarious show! What do you all think?[/b]

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:34 pm

I would love to see that :)

I can see Carl cruising around in KITT with some Foreigner song from the 80s playing.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:12 pm

no offence to KITT but if the writers had been thinking they could have used something from KARR.
After all hewas evil.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

Paul
Rookie

Re: KITT in Futurama

Post by Paul » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:31 pm

kittfan69 wrote:Did anybody catch the ever-so-brief mention of KITT in futurama last night? The "Original were-car" was discribing his build make-up when he mentioned that his windshield wipers came from "that car from Knight Rider". He said that "his (KITT's) wipers were evil..nobody ever mentioned that, but they were evil wipers"! Once again i was glad to see mention of Knight Rider and/or KITT on adult swim. Especially from one of my other favorite shows

I am going to attempt to request of the writers of adult swim shows to cast in KITT and/or even Micheal into Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I think it would be helarious if they had KITT and Michel show up at their door and somehow Master Shake manages to distract or detain Micheal and try to use KITT for his own personal use. I could just picture all three characters, Master Shake, Meatwad and Frylock getting into trouble with this scenario!

Picture this: Master Shake somehow eludes Micheal and gets into KITT. After he gets into an argument with KITT, he then threatens KITT in his usual style and manages to convince KITT to take him where he wants to go. Then Frylock has to try to find and stop him, but with KITT's defensive programming under Master Shake's "influential" threats, he is unable to get to Shake to stop him.

Somehow, they could make it where Master Shake tries to make KITT break the law by doing his will, but KITT refuses and tricks Master Shake and ultimately abandons him in the middle of nowhere. Something like that. It could go anywhere, but i would be tickled pink to see KITT in action on this helarious show! What do you all think?[/b]
THAT would be freaking hilarious! :D :D

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:49 pm

"So Freakin' David Hasselhoff lets go pick up some babes, huh"-Carl

I can see Carl trying to race KITT in that whatever car of his, too.

Man, I love ATHF!

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:13 pm

I wish i couldve seen that episode

kittfan69
Recruit

Post by kittfan69 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:57 pm

Yeah, I hadn't even thought of the Carl factor! That WOULD be hilarious! I will have to remember that. Of course, there are limit-less possibilities with this whole scenario.

I also thought it would be funny to cameo KITT into Family Guy and his crazy antics! I could only imagine :twisted: :lol:

I think that the mention of the "evil windshield wipers" to KITT was more for the benefit of those who primarily associate with the name "KITT", and not so much KARR. What do you think :?:

kittfan69
Recruit

Post by kittfan69 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:09 pm

I finally got to pitch my idea to adult swim and may have to wait a while to find out if they liked it enough to use it down the line. While I was there, I came up with a great idea in how KITT comes to the neighborhood. I thought it would be funny if Carl were to come across KITT in a "governmental auction". I named the episode "The KITT debacle". I will continue to monitor my thread and wait for any responses on the subject. :D

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:41 pm

I would love to see KITT in ATHF or Family Guy. I would probably start laughing so hard that everyone would look at me funny. Hell...no one here at my dorm understands why I like a show "from the 80s with a talking car".

kittfan69
Recruit

Post by kittfan69 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:48 pm

Heck, what can you expect from your dormmates? They just don't know what they are missing. I can't imagine not wanting to have such a cool car with so many cool options at my disposal if I had it my way! I say, let them scoff! They are probably just jelous that people like us have somethin to aspire to.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:54 pm

I did a presentation for my psychology of language course on talking computers and how modern speech recognition programs work. Most of the people in the class were your age Knight RiderGirl. I had a lot of imagery from the show in my Powerpoint and no one except for like 3 people got the reference.

In fact one asked me later what connection the "guy from Baywatch" had with talking computers!

kittfan69
Recruit

Post by kittfan69 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:59 pm

NOW THAT'S COMEDY!! :lol: :roll:

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:45 pm

KnightRiderGirl wrote:I would love to see KITT in ATHF or Family Guy. I would probably start laughing so hard that everyone would look at me funny. Hell...no one here at my dorm understands why I like a show "from the 80s with a talking car".
Don't worry. I have the same problem. I live on floor with all girls and most of them won't even talk to me because i'm supposedly "weird" since I'm not like them. You know running up and down the halls chasing each other like little kids, blasting their music insanely loud and living off American Idol. :? Luckily my roommate is big fan of the show so whenever she stays a weekend we have all day Knight Rider marathons. It nice to have someone to share something you like with.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:30 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:It nice to have someone to share something you like with.
If only I can find someone here. Until then, hello Knight Rider Online. 8)
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:53 pm

Well, luckily my girlfriend supports my habit.

Most girls won't I've noticed. Or they will if you keep it hidden. Me, I drive the car and have t-shirts I wear about every other day. I'm proud of my hobby and favorite TV show.

The way I look at it, I liked it 20 some years ago, and I like it now. At least I'm consitent. Now take all this tuner guys that down for the rice cause. If in 20 years the automotive trends go in another direction do you think they will still be down with the imports? Hell, no.

I don't beleive in blindly following trends. If I like something, I like it. I wont change because evereyone is into something else.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:03 pm

Army_F_Body wrote: I don't beleive in blindly following trends. If I like something, I like it. I wont change because evereyone is into something else.
Same here. I've always been differnt and I could care less what others think. Why would I want to be like everyone else? I would be nothing more than another sheep in the flock. Those type of people drive me nuts. They have no originality.

And about the ricers. I hate those cars so much. Everytime I see one on the street or on campus I just roll my eyes and even laugh, depending on how rediculous they look. Do those guys honestly think a Fart Cannon and some ugly-ass body work is going to make their cars faster? :? My stock Grand Am V6 probably has more speed.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Goldwings
Rookie

Post by Goldwings » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:54 am

LadyV2000 wrote:
KnightRiderGirl wrote:I would love to see KITT in ATHF or Family Guy. I would probably start laughing so hard that everyone would look at me funny. Hell...no one here at my dorm understands why I like a show "from the 80s with a talking car".
Don't worry. I have the same problem. I live on floor with all girls and most of them won't even talk to me because i'm supposedly "weird" since I'm not like them. You know running up and down the halls chasing each other like little kids, blasting their music insanely loud and living off American Idol. :? Luckily my roommate is big fan of the show so whenever she stays a weekend we have all day Knight Rider marathons. It nice to have someone to share something you like with.
I get that all the time from the other girls as well. No surprise most of my friends are guys anyways. I am very lucky my boyfriend is a fan as well (I reintroduced it to him :p ) He even wants to help me build a replica. ^^

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:42 am

:D

This has turned into a really cool thread, and I wanted to add my own particular brand of “not-like-everyone-else-ness” to it.

Like a lot of folks here, I’m in my twenties and I’ve been a KR fan since I was a kid growing up watching it. I never think of David Hasselhoff as “the guy from Baywatch” but always as Michael Knight from Knight Rider.

Now, years later, I don’t know anyone else who likes the show where I live, but I do have my friends on this forum to share KR with. (At least I consider you friends anyhow, I hope you feel the same.) When I first landed here I was made to feel welcome and one of the crowd and it meant a lot to me.

As for not being like anyone else, how’s this for unconventional? Neither my wife (who’s called Renee) nor her mom who lives with us like KR so I have to watch it alone, usually discreetly, so they don’t see it. But, get this:

I’m a Brit, and Renee’s American. I’m from Wigan, England, and she’s from Alexandria, Minnesota. I’m 27 and Renee is 48. I’m 6ft 2, and she’s 5ft 1. I like Knight Rider and she likes Xena. I hate Xena and she hates Knight Rider. She goes out to work and I stay home and cook, clean, and take care of her mom.

Now that IS unconventional. But you know, I’ve never been happier than I am right now. Granted, in the eyes of society our lifestyle might not seem “normal,” but what’s normal anyway? To anyone on this thread who’s said they’re not perceived as “like everyone else,” I say screw that. Just be yourselves, be who you are, and if you’re happy, that’s all that matters.

:D

Okay, I’ll shut up and stop embarrassing myself now. :oops:

KnightRiderGirl
Rookie

Post by KnightRiderGirl » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:46 am

LadyV2000 wrote:
I've actually converted a friend here into a Knight Rider nut like me. So, I do have her to watch it with. When i go home on some weekends, I bring my Season One set back with me, and me and my best friend sit and watch it almost all night. It's great!

I do just grin and bear it when I go to watch it in the lounge downstairs. People just walk in, then walk right back out. *snicker*

Oh yesh...I also love American Idol :shock:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:52 pm

I agree with all of you. I'm a trend setter, not a follower! Seriously though, if you follow trends just to be in style and substitute who you really are, then you're not being your true-self. The question is whether you want to be true to yourself and be happy, or whether you want to make everyone else happy while you're not. Some people get lucky and are true to themselves with a trend anyway.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

kittfan69
Recruit

Post by kittfan69 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:34 pm

I always wanted to find someone who shared my interests in building special interest vehicles (particularly KITT and General Lee) and then tour the country with one of the groups like Car Craft tour or one of those type of groups. That would be an absolute dream come true. She would work on hers, and I would work on mine. Then we would travel accross the U.S. going to different points of interest and stopping at the scheduled stops where you can win prizes and participate in various shows and competitions. Even if your car were to break down along the way, there are many sponsors who travel with the crowd that will sometimes even help you fix your ride for free! :D

That is why I would like to build 2 replicas, one for special occasions (weekend cruises or shows), and one for showing off and having fun! :twisted: :D

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:15 pm

The only person I have to watch KR with is my 5 year old sibling. :D
Who thinks, by the way, that my kiddos at work should also watch it.

"Can you show them *Knight Rider*?" (said with flare, might I add)
"No, hon, I can't."
"Why not?"

Come to think of it....*why* not?

Also out of the mouths of babes:

Child: "Michael isn't real."
Me: "Really? How do you know that?"
Show: "....of a man who does not exist..."
Child: "See? That's how I know Michael isn't real."

*giggle* 8)