KITT vs KARR Explosion Flaw

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT vs KARR Explosion Flaw

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:23 pm

I was just watching the episode "KITT vs KARR", where I had noticed a flaw in the crash explosin scene betwenn KITT and KARR. Just moments after they turbo boost into the air, both KITT & KARR collide into a big explosion. If you look closely at KITT on the left, for a split second you can see his blown shattered bodyshell falling, then we see him landing on the ground as if he never got damaged. You can see it better when you freeze frame the explosion scene.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

chrisebourg
Operative

Re: KITT vs KARR Explosion Flaw

Post by chrisebourg » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:37 am

KNIGHT RAIDER wrote:I was just watching the episode "KITT vs KARR", where I had noticed a flaw in the crash explosin scene betwenn KITT and KARR. Just moments after they turbo boost into the air, both KITT & KARR collide into a big explosion. If you look closely at KITT on the left, for a split second you can see his blown shattered bodyshell falling, then we see him landing on the ground as if he never got damaged. You can see it better when you freeze frame the explosion scene.
I guess we are lucky that KR is just an episode. Otherwise, KITT would have been destroyed often to bits. :(

Keon2005
Rookie

Post by Keon2005 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:48 pm

LOL Just another disadvantage of miniature effects. Its funny they used real Trans Ams for the take off, miniature effects for the actual crash exposion and then a real Trans Am again for the landing. Its wild. :D

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:27 pm

Keon2005 wrote:LOL Just another disadvantage of miniature effects. Its funny they used real Trans Ams for the take off, miniature effects for the actual crash exposion and then a real Trans Am again for the landing. Its wild. :D
Actually, K.I.T.T vs KARR was aired yesterday on DejaVu. Funny how things look so real without them being real at all. I presume a real explosion would have put the show over budget.

MaximumOverdrive
Volunteer

Post by MaximumOverdrive » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:13 pm

That question has been bothering me since it first aired.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:28 pm

You can also see K.A.R.R.'s nose in the rubble afterward where it is colored black. It should of course be black and silver, but since the nose would have been the first part of the car to be hit, it shouldn't even be intact at all and instead should have been obliterated.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:50 pm

Maybe the reason why the nose is completely black is because the silver paint burnt off and the MBS coat used on KARR kept it's color (I mean, KARR was black to begin with. The silver that was added was normal paint).

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:02 pm

Yes, I noticed that too. KARRs front bumper should have been smashed into tiny pieces, instead we see it all cracked and chipped. I also noticed KARRs memory circuit box was still beeping behind the bumper, which means we could see KARR reincarnated in the upcoming Knight Rider Movie.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:44 am

KNIGHT RAIDER wrote:Yes, I noticed that too. KARRs front bumper should have been smashed into tiny pieces, instead we see it all cracked and chipped. I also noticed KARRs memory circuit box was still beeping behind the bumper, which means we could see KARR reincarnated in the upcoming Knight Rider Movie.
:roll: Ya know what they say - Evil never dies... In this case, maybe KARR will be reconstructed again and as you quoted, be re-introduced in the KR movie.