Could this be the BIGGEST Knight Rider trivia question ever?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jettt
Stranger

Could this be the BIGGEST Knight Rider trivia question ever?

Post by jettt » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:09 pm

Michael Knight never killed anyone in cold blood. There was one episode where he killed someone in self defence and was found not guilty in the first season.

Now here is the question, outside of the Pilot episode (pointing a gun to the woman that shot him in the face and left him for dead), which other episode in the Knight Rider series did Michael almost kill somebody in cold blood and why?
Last edited by jettt on Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:47 am

Unless I misunderstand the question, I think the answer is actually fairly easy to come up with. Without giving anything away, Michael tells the person "if you're lucky, you'll be executed after the trial."
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:25 am

It was the episode "Short Notice" from Season 1. Michael and Nicole are in the motel room when one of the biker guys breaks into their room. Michael tries to fight the guy off and the end result is the guy getting shot and killed while Michael was trying to defend himself against him.

"If you're lucky, you'll be executed after the trial" - The Scent Of The Roses, Season 4, next to the last scene, last episode with Stevie.

Can everyone tell that I love Knight Rider trivia? I've been watching Knight Rider since I was 3.. :wink:

Nat

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

How about this one...

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Sun Jan 16, 2005 3:38 am

I just thought of this trivia question...

Name 3 foods that Devon was not very fond of and which episodes they are mentioned in.

Nat :D

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:23 pm

The best I can do is cheeseburgers and fries in one of the first season episodes. I think the restaurant Michael and Devon were at was reused in "The Scent Of Roses."
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

jettt
Stranger

Post by jettt » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:04 pm

DavidHFanNatalie wrote:It was the episode "Short Notice" from Season 1. Michael and Nicole are in the motel room when one of the biker guys breaks into their room. Michael tries to fight the guy off and the end result is the guy getting shot and killed while Michael was trying to defend himself against him.
Your close.

The epsiode I need is the one were he "almost" killed the person in cold blood. I'll give you one hint, the person in the episode was know in the script as "The Falcon."

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:16 pm

i know one food was burgers, that devon hated. he disapproved of michael eating them in 'good day at white rock'. i may as well add the 'fries' and 'cokes' with them too....is that the three???
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:45 pm

pizzas? was it hearts of stone, when michael asked devon to bring him back some pizza from chicago? cant remember what devon's response was tho...

that ep has some of the very best michael/devon dialogue lol!
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:57 pm

It's scent of Roses. I actully posted this on http://www.dctalksolo.com to win some solo money on stump the board. I figured I will give away the answer since you came here. The question is actully what I posted. Scent of roses was supposed to be the last episode and "The Falcon" kills Michael's wife. Michael was going to murder him and Kitt stopped him. You have figured it out now OnE. (the name at solo boards)

From knight rider archieve.

TRIVIA:

David Hasselhoff stated in interviews at the time that it was his desire for this episode to be broadcast as the series' finale. He also saw events in this episode as part of Michael's motivation to quit F.L.A.G. for the reunion movie KNIGHT RIDER 2000. Michael states here that he's "getting tired", and in the reunion movie we learn his ultimate decision to quit rested on the fact that he burned out and lost his sense of purpose.

This is the third and last appearance of Catherine Hickland as Stevie. She previously appeared in the episodes WHITE BIRD and LET IT BE ME.

The wedding of Michael and Stevie was designed to be a recreation of David Hasselhoff and Catherine Hickland's real wedding. Devon gives the bride away while the ceremony is presided over by the Reverend Henry Cutrona. Publicity material for the episode states that Edward Mulhare and Reverend Cutrona performed the same duties at David Hasselhoff and Catherine Hickland's wedding ceremony two years before.

This is the only show outside of the PILOT EPISODE in which Michael almost kills someone in cold blood.

In an ironic twist of fate, Catherine Hickland went on to marry US soap star Michael Knight, and they've been happily married ever since.

SCRIPT TO SCREEN:

A sequence at the beginning of the script sees a jovial Michael (to contrast his depression later) test-piloting K.I.T.T. in Super Pursuit Mode for Bonnie. They unwittingly pass Durante's van which is on its way to the Government Data Center.

An exchange between Michael and Devon cut from the scene outside the hospital foreshadows Knight Rider 2000. Devon tells Michael, "Certain men are chosen to enjoy a little and endure much...You're that breed of man." Michael replies, "No, Devon...you're that breed of man. I want to be the kind with no responsibility. I don't want to be involved in any of the so-called 'great' schemes of this world."

The wedding was staged differently in early drafts -- Durante posed as the Minister, and Michael and Stevie never managed to exchange vows.

Durante was originally known only as "The Falcon."
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DavidHFanNatalie
Operative

Post by DavidHFanNatalie » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:01 am

Oops, I was paying more attention to the top part of that where you had said "Killed In the first season." :lol:

That's right "The Scene of Roses, where Michael almost kills Durante was the answer to that question above. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the rest of the post. :roll: I had to take my cat to the vet yesterday and have her put down for medical reasons beyond my control...ever since that I haven't exactly been myself. :( I keep trying to get my mind on something else. :roll:

Well, back to a happier topic...the cheeseburgers in Good Day At White Rock is one, but there are 2 more I have in mind from 2 other episodes. Here's a hint: The others are also in Season 1. BWT, the pizza from Chicago was a good answer too; I didn't think of that one. :wink:

Nat

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:54 am

didn't Devon hate Chilli?

Or at least he refuted Michael's offer after careful consideration.

Can't remember the name of the ep. Plush Ride, maybe? The one where Michael trains to be a bodyguard and has to find out who the killer is.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:50 am

Getting slightly off topic for a minute, I have a question regarding the epiosode "The Scent Of Roses" which has been brought up a lot in this thread. I was never quite sure of Durant's actual name. Michael calls him Durant, yet Devon says his name is Kurt Rowlands when he looks at his picture. Is Kurt Rowlands his real name and Durant just an alias he goes by? Was it a secret identity because he used to be a double agent?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:06 pm

I beg to differ. I think it's "Knight in Disgrace", where Michael has a gun pointed at Devon and telling him to open the safe. But when Devon grabs the gun in the safe and turns around, Michael "kills" him.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:33 pm

walter h. anderson wrote:I beg to differ. I think it's "Knight in Disgrace", where Michael has a gun pointed at Devon and telling him to open the safe. But when Devon grabs the gun in the safe and turns around, Michael "kills" him.
I believe in that episode they were doing an act. Because the guy Michael went undercover and worked for was taping the incident. They didnt fill Kitt in to what was going on because they were afraid that guy would read Kitt's memory.
And it was chilli devon wasn't fond of.
Last edited by TurbomanKnight on Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:40 am

Lost Knight wrote:Getting slightly off topic for a minute, I have a question regarding the epiosode "The Scent Of Roses" which has been brought up a lot in this thread. I was never quite sure of Durant's actual name. Michael calls him Durant, yet Devon says his name is Kurt Rowlands when he looks at his picture. Is Kurt Rowlands his real name and Durant just an alias he goes by? Was it a secret identity because he used to be a double agent?
the reason durant wanted michael killed was becasue he saw his face, and would be able to recognise him. kurt rowlands was his real name yeh, but he went by durant so that his identity would be kept secret. michael jeopardizes that.
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:31 am

TurbomanKnight wrote:
walter h. anderson wrote:I beg to differ. I think it's "Knight in Disgrace", where Michael has a gun pointed at Devon and telling him to open the safe. But when Devon grabs the gun in the safe and turns around, Michael "kills" him.
I believe in that episode they were doing an act. Because the guy Michael went undercover and worked for was taping the incident. They didnt fill Kitt in to what was going on because they were afraid that guy would read Kitt's memory.
And it was chilli devon wasn't fond of.
Whoops. My mistake. Now I must bow my head in shame. :lol:
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.