Did Knight Rider Influence Your Career Choice?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:25 pm

TurbomanKnight wrote:I thought that was really funny, because its a way to remember KARR 10 years later.
Dude! :shock: :lol: Hey, that's hilarious... KITT steals KARR's body! :lol:

rusti_knight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by rusti_knight » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:51 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:
rusti_knight wrote:We have one of those dental x-ray units now. It's quite interesting, though I'm not sure our insurance would let you piddle with it. And while I'm not sure I'd call my job noble, thanks anyhow!
I have a question... how do you get the x-ray film in an animal's mouth without them eating it? :lol: Or do they do it differently than they do with people? :)
:) They're asleep when we do dental work on them
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:55 pm

Ah, ok, that works better. ;) It just makes me laugh to think about it... Give the dog the film and he thinks it's a milk-bone. :lol: Or the look on a cat's face - would be priceless. :: hee hee :: "Wha? Now do I look rediculous or what?" :D I love animals. :)

Crovax Ws-6
Rookie

Post by Crovax Ws-6 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:06 am

well i don htink it influenced me into being an Automotive technician. but i always wanted a black firebird ever sice i saw the show, so i guess it did influence what car i bought lol.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:15 pm

Uh, no it didn't but it sure sparked my imagination, though.....

aussieknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by aussieknight » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:33 pm

Did KR inspire MY career choice? DAMN STRAIGHT! Was it a good thing? Hmmmm....dunno. I became an Auto Electrician after school, with the intention of learning all about how I could build my OWN KITT. 13 years later, and I STILL ain't got one. I've had plenty of scanner-wearing cars, though. But nothing approching a KITT lookalike.

But one day...especially now I'm in training to jump into real estate, a replica will be mine. Perhaps one of you guys with a replica reading this now, yes you, will be forced to sell me your car due to the tremendous pull of the almighty dollar that I will be waving under your nose.

But don't think I'll take any rust old TA with a crappy fibreglass nose. Fully functioning dash, communication system, smoke screen, rocket launchers, oil slick, oh, and a NOS sysem, at the very least. But don't try telling me it's worth more cause of those. I happen to know what goes into building that stuff. I'm an Auto Electrician after all... ;-)
"What do you mean, 'get'? You ARE in big trouble." -KITT, Not a Drop to Drink.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:09 pm

I'm a Communications major right now and looking to do something with graphic design and maybe computer animation. KR hasn't had any real influence on my career choice, but I am at least working with computers.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:32 pm

Hmmm. Well, I originally intended to go to college to learn computer science. However, Marshall University doesn't exactly have the greatest comsci department. It does, however, have a quite respectable English department. Having long since fallen in love with chivalry (even when I didn't know it) due to Knight Rider, studying medieval and early English literature such as Beowulf went right up my alley. From there, the natural progression led me to Chaucer, Milton (my second fave), and eventually, to Tolkien (my all-time fave). Never had much care for Shakespeare after high school, to tell the truth. Folks at Marshall seem to worship him, though.

As a writer, I usually bypass the sometimes hokey KR storylines, and aim for the proven themes that made KR so great: love, honor, loyalty and courage, which can all four be summed up in the aforementioned theme of chivalry.

Now that I'm in preparation for teaching (currently working on my master's degree to obtain certification), I want to foster a love for those attributes in all my students, regardless of their backgrounds. We can all use a little KR.

DK

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:53 pm

KR hasn't influenced my career choice (still in college-- majoring in Jounalism & Political Science) but KITT did get me into cars-- probably my biggest interest/hobby.

A guy 2 houses down used to have an 80's Camaro. I called it KITT, even though I knew it was a Camaro, and not a Trans Am.

krfan1

kittfan69
Recruit

Post by kittfan69 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:52 pm

I don't quite have a career yet, but i am only a few years off from getting close. As soon as i am able to move, i will be getting into business with a friend of mine who will be purchasing a shop, where we will work on and build cars as we deem fit. This will hopefully launch my dream of building various types of enhanced movie cars. Here's to hoping!

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:04 pm

I'm hoping to get into Kraft Maid Cabinetry soon. They pay twice as much as I'm making right now (and I'm making very little). Once I get in there, I'll be able to get the parts for my replica.

Oh, the question...well, Knight Rider didn't do much for my career (although I do have an Associates degree in CADD), but the series definitely altered my personal life, which means a reply in a different topic.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.