Knight Rider 2 - Out Now! *OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD*

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sith
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sith » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:33 pm

lol... dude its right at the bottom of the first post.
P.s. Whilst messing about, I found two cheats which are entered in the name entry screen:

ROAM1 - Unlocks vid clips
QUIZ1 - Unlocks the hard quiz

ILoveGames
Volunteer

Post by ILoveGames » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:46 pm

My apologies lol.. didn't pay attention, guess that's what happens when you drink too much beer during the game lol.. oh i think your programmed Skar is really hilarious program.. it doesn't speak in proper sense sometimes.. i seen better programs besides these commands.. lol just wanted to let u know i think it's funny to chat with one and i ended up finding out he wears a DRESS?! wow.. LOL

PS.
No cheats to unlock levels at all?... only vid clips and Trivia?
weak..
I'm trying to crack a source in coding cuz i might consider find a mapper to make maps addons :) now that would be cool, was thinking of a free roam map..

dragonball1957
Operative

Post by dragonball1957 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:12 pm

YO ILOVEGAMES,

DOes the KNight rider 2 game have a Vehicle folder ? like the first game ?

can u tell me the directory? or where u went to change the speed what folder ?

Because i think the file setup is different from the demo .

Im thinking of getting this game.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:27 am

Sith I have an American PC and live in America.How do I get the game from the UK to here?What store where do I go online.Any info would be great.I want to buy it and see for myself what its like.

Will the game work for my pc if I get it from UK?

How long until it gets to America on PC?

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:09 am

Is it still going to be out for this friday(5th November) in the uk??

Play.com as a rule have things ready for dispatch this close to a release, but mine still says pre order :x

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:44 am

Well still no sign of it being dispatch at the moment.

Highly unlikely that it will come friday.

To be honest I am realy fed up with all this now, a bad review anyhow and now it looks like they can't even get it released in the uk on the date promised.

I think maybe I just won't bother at all and cancel my order.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:36 pm

More reviews hitting the net... nearly all negative:

How long ago was it that Knight Rider was on the TV? How many fans of the show would now be avid buyers of videogames eager to purchase this latest offering!?

To refresh those who may not know too much about Knight Rider, icon of the TV show was David Hasselhoff, singer, actor and model who for some reason was almost a cult figure in Germany! Starring alongside the housewives delight was K.I.T.T., a car with its own mind and equipped with some serious weapons. The Knight Rider experience was overthetop kitsch 80s; leather jackets and loons and the action was equally predictable – save the day with shooting and driving and some awful dialogue mixed in but in those days it worked and was a rip roaring success.

The first Knight Rider game scored low and probably did ok in Germany but elsewhere possibly not. Now we have Knight Rider 2, created by Davliex Media that has a trusty knack of hitting the right spot when it comes to mass sales with basic ingredients and a good theme.

Sad to say, this most definitely has to be the strangest racing come sort of action game we’ve seen for a long time. If you ever played any of those old Ocean racing games, then the comparison is that the graphics are similar and we are talking 10 years ago, and has the same presentation values from that same period. Ever done a sideway wheelie in a car for over 2 miles, well now’s your chance. Ever wanted to talk to a car?

Knight Rider is a dilution of very weak ideas, with some lacklustre presentation but it strangely has a fascination in the crudeness of its presentation. Forget about racing at 300 mph with loads of hardware and an onboard computer. It may only be a penny under £20 but is this reason enough to present such a weak game?

4/10

http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages/ar ... le_id=6702

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:03 pm

I still wish someone would tell me how to purchase it and try the game for myself.I tried the demo.Not great,but then again short of a game designed by the kr fans we will never have a great kr game,face it already.The nintendo one was ok for its time but not great,the comodore 64 wasnt good the japanese one wasnt great either.We have to design one ourselves.I had a game programmer do some sprites and the guy uit.He moved and was a friend of a friend without a phone.I dumped the game.But in the end we can't just blame the companies for making a game that did'nt live up to the show or characters.There are alot of games that disapoint fans but we should at least be gratefull for the work they put in.

I have to create my own opnion on something.No review can be allowed to affect me.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:20 am

I just got an e mail reply from gamesplanet!

they said"This item will not be released untill the middle of June!" :shock:

This can't be right can it???

And I just looked on amazon's German web site, they say 30th November!

Anybody got any idea what's happening here?? I'm confussed :x

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:31 am

I got the game this morning at last :D

So far a like it, I have only done the first mission.

Got a bit stuck on the second at the moment.

But for me I like it better than the origanal.

the silly annoying thing is Kitt's voice, but I can live with that.

Once I complete the game or get futher, I will post agian, my mind may change.

But so far I like it!

Sorry if no one else does, but we are all diffrent I guess.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:28 am

Have fun whet.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:50 am

Still any US release dates???

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:30 am

No Davilex can't set any release dates until Sony Approves the games.So it will be a while until we here from them.

Cougar
Rookie

Post by Cougar » Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:28 pm

Hey all, I think I will try to get the game anyway and try it for myself once it comes out over here. I may get the first too. Who knows? Does any one know waht 15 euros converts to in dollars?

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 10:46 pm

probably about maybe between $25-$30 maybe.

babifrence
Volunteer

Post by babifrence » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:28 am

Hiya Peeps,
86chvs10 wrote:No Davilex can't set any release dates until Sony Approves the games.So it will be a while until we here from them.
How is that even possible ? KR2 has already been released in the UK for PS2 and has been sold days before the official release date.

What I want to know is when is it going to be released in the UK for PC? I have seen several oppertunities to buy it abroad from Germany but I'd rather buy it from the UK seeing as I am a resident and its easier to come by as well as cheaper. Any ideas ?

Sith, you seem to have a great insight to the mainstream world of Knight Rider, do you have any comforting words of wisdom ;) An official release date for the PC would be nice. Amazon doesnt even have a posting for the KR2 PC game :?.

Just out of curiousity, how is it you have soo much insight as well as the inside info (Knight Rider games as well as everything else, die cast models, etc...) ?

PEACE OUT !!!

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:10 am

That was a quote to ReddawgKnight. There was a pc version out at amazon.com about maybe for 2 months ago and they stop the order or something.The ps2 i guess is what they have to order.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:27 pm

babifrence wrote:How is that even possible ? KR2 has already been released in the UK for PS2 and has been sold days before the official release date.
86 is talking about Sony North America, which while still as the same parent company as Sony Europe, they have different approval teams. This is why the game is out in Europe, but it hasn't been approved for America. The same thing happened with the first game, and because of that we didn't have it released on PS2 at all.

babifrence
Volunteer

When is KR2's UK Release Date on PC ?

Post by babifrence » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:08 pm

Hiya Peeps,
neps wrote:
babifrence wrote:How is that even possible ? KR2 has already been released in the UK for PS2 and has been sold days before the official release date.
86 is talking about Sony North America, which while still as the same parent company as Sony Europe, they have different approval teams. This is why the game is out in Europe, but it hasn't been approved for America. The same thing happened with the first game, and because of that we didn't have it released on PS2 at all.
Thanks for the info neps as I never knew that :D.

My prior question still hasnt been answered as to when the release of Knight Rider 2 will be released for PC in the UK. Just so that people know, I purchased the first game and deleted my CD image that I downloaded a while back. I wanted to show my appreciation to Davilex even though I wasnt totally impressed with what they ended up with. I think EA GAMES should have taken on the challenge of doing this - they have done a remarkable job on the NEED FOR SPEED: UNDERGROUND and FAST AND FURIOUS crossover, im sure EA would have done us proud. Dont get me wrong im not knocking Davilex, but I strongly believe that small time companies shouldnt be designing games that have a huge fanbase. Titus also a small time company that designed Robocop also rocked the boat on the rather large fanbase that exists. Everyone that I have spoke to or read their posts have said how bad it sucked and how most people had made custom mods to recreate the feel of the original film/tv-series that was.

I played the Knight Rider 2 demo and thought there was a huge improvement. I do think that the basic HUD (Heads-Up Display) should have remained the same, including KITT's former voice actor ;).

Never-the-less, even though Knight Rider 1 was buggy and had various flaws I still bought it. I wish to buy the second as well. I liked the newly introduced story based feel to the game. Felt like the series with the wrong actors. I have never played GTA Vice City though I know it is designed to be an adaptation and an extremly advanced extension of GTA's original "get in a car, get to the phones, destroy practically everything in site and then perform a task" like genre. I was hoping Knight Rider 1 would initially be like this. I was disappointed but never the less, I played to my hearts content Turbo Boosting everywhere and enjoying SPM while it lasted.

Knight Rider was not always about KITT, it was about Michael Knight being a private detective working for the Foundation for Law and Government. The founder proposed that Michael have his car revamped by superior engineers and be totally revolutionised. This in my mind was what Knight Rider always was. The programme makes the car the star of the show which is a bit of a confusion. Remember the episode when KITT gets hacked into remotely and the CPU is taken away using his soul corpse as a deadly weapon so that the adversaries could do whatever they wanted?

Well... I remember watching it and thinking that the show was a little boring because KITT was what makes Knight Rider worth watching. I know thats a little off-topic, I just wanted to give my few cents worth on that front :).

PEACE OUT !!!

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:33 pm

The graphics in this one is a tad bit better and the game play is not good though.It's just not a Knight Rider Type.The question for the pc version release date in UK. Ihave no idea because it was suppost to be released the same time as the ps2 version but i don't really know why they aren't selling it now. But if you go here http://www.knightrider.nl scoll down to the bottom and click on the Knight Rider pc box. You can try and enter to win the pc version there.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:09 am

You know it's funny, but I actually rather like the game. Granted it's No GTA or Driver, but in its own way, it is an enjoyable one and half to two hour romp, even if the robots do annoy the heck out of me on the hard difficulty. Lord knows how I will be able to defeat them at the Launch Entrance in the locked Knightmare difficulty as I so far haven't been able to do so on the hard difficulty as you don't get left alone long enough to recharge the power packs. Then again, I was trying to do it at 2am, so maybe tiredness contributed a little. ;) Also Kitt is a little too responsive for my liking at slow speeds, so I just wind up shooting off the plasma canon whilst performing wild donuts at times. At least Kitt is a lot better on the old analogue stick when it comes to high speed driving though. I can actually drive in SPM now, although that’s helped by the fact that instead of using the X and the L1 buttons together like in KR1, its now the O button on its own instead, which helps a lot. I actually went back to KR1 last night briefly, and let me tell you, after playing KR2, you need to learn how to drive Kitt again in KR1 since he's far too responsive on the old analogue stick in the first game, so next time I try it, I think I'll be playing on the Normal difficulty the first time, just so that I can get used to driving him again.

Sith, do you happen to know if there are any other cheats beyond Quiz1 and Roam1? as I’m wondering if there will be a cheat for the Power Packs, as it has so far proven to be impossible for me to enter the Launch Entrance on the hard difficulty, and find a way to recharge Kitt’s power packs. Having tried the level several times, it's very frustrating to try and recharge the Power Packs, only to have the robots interrupt me before I can even fill one up, as I wind up failing the mission as a result of constantly being under heavy fire. A cheat to help me avoid this would be most helpful, especially since I got that far with ease. When it comes to that level, they should have labelled the hard difficulty as the Knightmare one, let having a further difficulty on top of that.

Despite the hard idfficulty issue, I would still advise anyone in UK who hasn't tried the complete game yet to go out and rent it before judging it off the three levels in the PC demo, as for a couple of pounds, it'll alleviate the boredom of an Autumn Sunday afternoon. :)

From Matthew
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:06 pm

That review didn't have to bash Knight Rider in order to bash the game...
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:46 pm

well I finished it.

That is the only gripe I have that it is agian to short.

But having said that I did enjoy it compared with the first one.

The only thing that worries me about a Knight Rider 3 game is.

Can they realy use Goliath and Karr agian???

as good as it has been to have them in both games, i think a new angle would have to be taken if there is a future for Knight Rider games.

But I will give Davilex 8/10, just the shortness letting it down in my opion!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:06 pm

I would like to see the return of Cameron Zachery personally. I think that Davilex could create a good game using him as the main villain, especially since he has stolen so many designs over the years that he could easily have armoured defence drones that would need defeating, as well as a whole plethora of other devices that Michael and Kitt would have to face. I also wouldn't mind if Zachery brought Karr back since he found out that Wilton actually built the miracle car when we first saw him as Karr might be able to play a big part alongside Zachery since Karr hates Michael and Kitt as much as Zachery does. However I think that after the end of the second game though, any future return of Garthe would truly put the next game into the realm of fantasy.

From Matthew
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:28 pm

Any chance we can get some spoliers on the story of the game? or how it all ends?