What annoys you about Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Landotheman
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

What annoys you about Knight Rider?

Post by Landotheman » Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:50 pm

Hi, Just wondering if anyone has any little annoyances about the show. Sure it's great, but there must be something... think hard!

I've been watching all the episodes I taped off the telly and have noticed that whenever KITT comes under heavy fire from rockets or something similar, Michael always asks "can we take a direct hit" and KITT nearly always answers "I'd prefer not to find out". Can't he just answer yes or no????

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:31 pm

lol, never noticed that one. Mine is a lot more general: the inconsistency. Oh, and sometimes the acting... but we all know how that goes :lol:

Knightwolf
Volunteer

Post by Knightwolf » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:32 pm

The one thing that always annoyed me was the fact that Kitt could not lower himself down from an automotive lift. If he can open doors, and spin the dial on a safe, why couldn't he lower himself down from an automotive lift.

Other than that I will always love the show,
Knightwolf

MaximumOverdrive
Volunteer

Post by MaximumOverdrive » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:24 am

A lot of the equipment that was on KR was also on "V" and other sci-fi seris through the years.

knightman
Operative

Post by knightman » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:00 am

some times michael would call for kitt to come pick him up on his comlink
when kitt was only a few metres away

or when kitt was supposed to be driving him self and turboboosting over something u saw a finger press the turbo boost button

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:57 am

I noticed that the sound that KITT's scanner makes is the same sound of Cylons on Battlestar Galactica. In fact, the Cylons on Battlestar Galactica also had a scanner sweep on their helmets!

The Cylon IL units had eyes that went from outside in during sweeps, which KITT did in Soul Survivor.

Odd that. :)

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:36 am

I think KITT's "cockpit" is poorly designed from a user-interface perspective. On the other hand, it looks great, which for an action-based television series is all that matters.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:04 am

The part that always urked me was the images show on KITTs video monitor that were no where in direct sight of KITT and would sometimes switch angles. It was a bit much.

finalfadeout
Recruit

Post by finalfadeout » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:48 pm

I never liked how characters in later seasons stopped calling Kitt a Trans Am, instead referring to him as a nonspecific "T-top." This was said to have been at Pontiac's request after the frenzy of people at dealerships asking for custom Kitt versions of Trans-Ams...why they thought not using the name "trans am" on a show centered around one would make any difference is beyond me..and while we're on the subject of annoyances, it was the same reason they didn't use an actual Banshee for Knight Rider 2000, instead using a modified Dodge Shadow (of all things!) to make it "less Banshee". And yes, i wish it was black!

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:53 pm

lol, yeah, that annoyed me a lot too, why on earth would Pontiac not want business, IMO they could use all the business they could get considering the fact that Camaros are so much more popular than Trans Ams... those weirdos.

LoneKnight
Rookie

Post by LoneKnight » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:34 am

Tires peeling out...........there are different sounds to a car when the tires are spinning on pavement......not the same one every FREAKIN episode!!!! Or wait, was it because of KITTs "special" tires that couldnt even melt in lava? :roll:

finalfadeout
Recruit

Post by finalfadeout » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:02 am

Ha its even worse than that! The tire squeak in the pilot just after Michael escapes from Comtron can be heard in Part 3 of the Season 5 opener of "The A-Team" near the end when they chase after the escaping criminals that killed the guy who turned them in to Robert Vaughn. It's also in numerous episodes of other series, some from the 70s...even Murder She Wrote!

Power Beast
Volunteer

Post by Power Beast » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:38 am

It annoyed me that KITT could no go invisible and also cook Michael a meal when he was out on a mission. Would also have been nice if he could have cut Michael's hair.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:13 pm

Well I am going to go for an obvious one.

Season 2 came along and no Bonnie, April was just there, no introduction, no reason for Bonnie not being there anymore.

And Season 3 opened they exsplaned about bonnie, but poor April never even had her name mentioned ever agian.

Ok I know what happened off screen, Patricia Mcpherson was Sacked, and then by demand came back in season 3.

But they could have handled the story a better.

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:20 pm

what always got to me was when michael would always turn around to look back at whatever they just jumped over and the squealing tires sound when the car was on dirt.there are others but the one that sticks out in particular is when there is a semi(not goliath) coming at them head on and michael slams on the brakes,kitt then says "put it in reverse michael" then they start driving in reverse for awhile then kitt says"why did you put it in reverse michael when we could have simply turbo boosted right over him"

greelywinger
Rookie

Post by greelywinger » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:21 pm

KITT contradicts himself in that one.
"Put it in reverse, Michael"
then later...
"Why did you put it in reverse..."
BECAUSE YOU JUST SAID TO... :?
"I'd like my songs to be durable to the ear and exciting to the mind" Marc Bolan

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:16 am

greelywinger wrote:KITT contradicts himself in that one.
"Put it in reverse, Michael"
then later...
"Why did you put it in reverse..."
BECAUSE YOU JUST SAID TO... :?
lol,that would be funny if someone could do a voice over and have michael say "because you said to...moron"i think michael actually said"because i want to see where these guys get their jollies"or something like that :lol:

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:36 am

I just assumed that meant Kitt wanted him to go into reverse long enough to back off of the road and not just outright drive in reverse.

What annoyed me was that the show only lasted 4 years LOL. Why not 11 years like Baywatch?

K.I.A.N
Rookie

Post by K.I.A.N » Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:51 pm

the only thing I hate is that they never show knight rider scifi diched it and I don't have the money to buy the DVD coming out. also I don't like that they only hade a few eps about michael and kitt's friendship.
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

finalfadeout
Recruit

Post by finalfadeout » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:08 am

I think Michael would sigh and exhale deeply way too much during the series, especially when he was talking. It was most annoying when he did it at the trailing end of words and sentences...."Scan his vitals (hufff,hjfhffh)."

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:17 am

All the miniatures from Seasons 2 and 3, and Hasselhoff's acting from Season 2 onwards - way too cocky, over-coinfident, boring, and just plain crap, except for a few episodes, most notably "The Scent of the Roses" and "Killer KITT".

Also, I really hated all of the dodgy slow-motion shots, such as in "Halloween Knight", when we see KITT's POV of turbo-boosting through a glacier.

The stunt co-ordination for Seasons 2 and 3 also was rubbish compared to Season 1 and 4.

KI2000
Rookie

Post by KI2000 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:18 am

Well, first of all, I really love the show, but here is a few things:

1) Where did Bonnie go all of a sudden?
2) T3 or whatever his name was, really had no actual function in the series. Why did they introduce him? Din't really like his character.
3) Ever noticed that KITT's hood sometimes isn't closed entirely? You can see this every time they use the stunt car.
4) Sometimes you can see that the stunt car they used is being crashed entirely after a turbo boost. It's very obvious in some scenes. Of course, they use the display car after the stunt, so you won't notice the crash, but if you look closely you will see what I mean.

finalfadeout
Recruit

Post by finalfadeout » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:51 pm

They added RC3 for the same reason the A-Team added Frankie Santana in season 5....to shake things up a bit, introduce a more youthful edge to the show, and to attract untapped demographics, for better ratings. Those tricks (like the new cute kid in sitcoms) rarely work, however.

But ditto on the Hasselhoff acting on season 2 on....Well it wasn't really the acting but the feel of the episodes in general. They didn't have the suspense and drama of the first season, especially the pilot. We no longer felt Michael was in any danger in almost every episode, and it looked like he knew he was in complete control at all times and everything was gunna turn out just fine. He acted like the events of each episode were almost routine and he wouldn't even have to break a sweat. KOTJ and Scent of the Roses are some exceptions.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:30 pm

Why do the tires squeal when they're racing on dirt roads sometimes?!

Also, this isn't really annoying, but think abotu how dangerous those button setups are. Eject is right under Turbo Boost! That's freakin dangerous!
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KI2000
Rookie

Post by KI2000 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:57 am

RC3, that was his name idd :lol: It has been a while since I last saw episodes from that season :oops: