KITT Appearence on The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour!

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT Appearence on The Nick and Jessica Variety Hour!

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:25 pm

Just now, I was channel surfing and came across that horrible Jessica Simpson show. However, right when I got their. Nick says, "I'd like to introduce an idol of mine, KITT from Knight Rider!!!"

And he and KITT sang "Just the Two of Us" KITT's voice impersonater was horrible, but I think it was supposed to be. And KITT made some off-comment about his parents being divorced (??)

Sorry, I don't have a clip but someone on this board always eventually gets one. But I thought I'd let you all know.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:08 am

Ow! My brain hurts!

Thanks (I think) for the notice... Here's the clip, for whatever it's worth. I'm pretty sure the car they used was the one I saw at Barris' shop. It has the same wheels.

(about 3 megs, QuickTime)
http://www.teamknightrider.com/culture/ ... essica.mov

For people with fast connections, here's a higher-quality, 8 meg version:
http://www.teamknightrider.com/culture/ ... ssica2.mov

Last edited by Michael Pajaro on Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:24 am

The end credits list "Voice of KITT" as Chris Cox. According to IMDB.com, he has done voiceover work for videogames and was also in Swing Blade.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0184963/

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:34 am

my girlfriend told me about it. cool that kitt got his face on there at least. anyone notice that whil they got the nose and the scanner (although it was the cheap $40 one) and it LOOKED like the steering wheel though the quality on Quicktime was a bit crappy...the alloy wheels werent KITTs...sigh. so close

(well the WHEELS were, just the caps are missing)

Knight Storm
Rookie

Post by Knight Storm » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:49 am

Oh god..what did they do to him?! *twitches*

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:51 am

Here's a better version for high-speed connections. 8 Megs.

http://www.teamknightrider.com/culture/ ... ssica2.mov

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:50 am

That was both funny and cringeworthy at the same time! Wilton Knight will be spinning in his grave!

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:14 pm

Well, it looks like we now know what that KITT sitting in Barris's lot was for (picture posted in Michael Pajaro's thread a few days back found here: http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... php?t=4398). If you look closely, not only is it obvious that the hubcaps are different (or at least lack the bowling ball covers), but it's also an SPM KITT. The wing in the back was popped up and the vents on the sides of the car were also popped out but everything was repainted black (no white on the SPM pop-out parts). Also, the popouts on the front nose were not there and obviously the front fender wasn't in its usual SPM configuartion either. The scanner was cool but in a close-up shot it does look like a cheap J.C. Whitney's light bar, not a pro job. All in all, it was cool to see a working KITT featured for so long on such a modern-day show but this KITT (if it was an original) was a definite hack job to say the least. Combining a Season 1 or 2 KITT with an SPM KITT made for an interesting appearance but they could've done better with picking a car.

BTW--I didn't think the voice actor did such a bad job. I mean, considering all things, at least it sounded approximately close to KITT's voice on the show.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:55 pm

lmao! That was horrible but highly amusing at the same time! I agree, the voice actor didn't do such a bad job - now, Nick on the other hand... man, reminded me of Steve from Blue's Clues -_- And Jessica, that mean hooker. But yeah, divorced parents? lol... they could've done better but they could've done a lot worse, and like KFCreator said, it was good just to see KITT on such a modern show for such a long period of time. So you won't hear me complainin'!

... I'm surprised Nick knew there's no such thing as fanbelt fluid, with a wife like his... :lol: I'm sorry, that was really mean. I'll shut up.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:46 pm

I wonder why they couldn't track down William Daniels. It's not like those two are short on cash...

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:50 pm

I am surprised that the car is MOSTLY correct. Looks to be an 84-85 model as it has the split rear seats. It even has a dash in it. You can see the countdown sequencer on top. It is in full SPM mode with the exception of the nose, hood and two winglets. The rear of the front fenders does have the pop outs as well as the rest of the car. Kind of goofy if you ask me. Good to see the show is still recognized after all this time. (other than stupid cartoons) DOH!
Brian - Knightdriver.com

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:32 pm

cloudkitt wrote:I wonder why they couldn't track down William Daniels. It's not like those two are short on cash...
I would bet it was a conscious decision on WD's part. He lent his voice to a recent Simpsons ep where all Kitt said was 'Door Ajar' and he was on screen for only a few seconds. Coincidentally that ep reran on Sunday -- Kitt had guest appearances on TWO TV shows on the same night -- go Kitt! But anyway, it looks like he was willing to be the voice of Kitt being mocked on The Simpsons but not on Simpson's show (pun intended).

I guess he has good taste. :wink:

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:51 pm

Oh dear oh dear... and I thought UK TV had gotten desperate with presenters... :P

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:02 pm

Well Knight Rider was brought up twice that very same day. On Mtv's new show "Pimp my Ride" The host Xzibit was showing off his Hummer H2. Then he says " This is the fuel cap of the future " he then goes inside and hits a button. The cap in the middle pops out and then he says " That's Knight Rider right there ."
Then on the Nick and Jessica Variety Show Kitt is on! I was coming home from a outing when I saw it. I was watching it in my dad's Conversion High Top van.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

rknightandkarr
Volunteer

Post by rknightandkarr » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:32 am

wow......that was cheesy......but cute......looks like a jc whitney scanner , and some cheap nose mods to me ........but still cute...... :D

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:50 pm

Was listening to Howard Stern today and he started talking about this show and playing some clips. Eventually he got to KITT. Here's a brief summary from marksfriggin.com:
Howard played a few more clips from the show and pointed out how lame the bits were and how the guests were left over from the Sonny and Cher days. Nick Lachey did a really lame bit where he was doing a bit with K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider. It was awful. Howard bailed out on that when John Favreau came in.
Just to add to that. When Howard started to play the clip of "KITT" talking, Robin immediatley spoke up saying that it was not even the voice of KITT doing it. She must be a little bit of a fan. ;)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:26 pm

guys and gals..it was just for that show. they're not going to go all out and make everything perfect and how he directly looked from the original series.

as long as he looked like kitt...which means, stick a scanner on there and have it black, pretty much guarantees that ppl will recognise it.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:08 pm

ON some show about the way Hollywood stars customize there cars the one guy had this black van that had EVERYTHING inside said that he called it Knight Rider.

The show always seems to creep into places here and there but so rarely seems to be shown or honored or whatnot. It's like it's perpetually in the back of people's minds.

KnightRider2000
Operative

Parents

Post by KnightRider2000 » Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:30 pm

Would KITT's parents be KARR and KATE? :wink:

-KnightRider2000

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:59 am

Hey wait a minute... KITT lied! He told Nick he never sang on the show. But in "Knight Song" (probably one of KR's bottom 5-10 episodes) KITT tries singing wih New Edition, and for Michael.

Maybe KITT simply forgot... just being on that show drops your IQ 10 points (or in KITT's case, drops your RAM 10 Gig?) :)

SwEeTiNsAnItY
Operative

Post by SwEeTiNsAnItY » Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:16 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:... just being on that show drops your IQ 10 points (or in KITT's case, drops your RAM 10 Gig?) :)
*Sniggers and nods* Can't blame KITT there :P

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:32 am

That was hilarious!!!! He had divorced parents???? :lol: :lol:

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:55 am

The funniest part was when Kitt was crying and he then says that it is his fan water was leaking.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:22 pm

Did any of you notice that when he started crying, there was water leaking from the drivers side headlight for the rest of the skit?
Brian - Knightdriver.com

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:24 am

There was??? I watched it a couple of times...I did not see any water leaking...