*KR references in John Doe. (*Extremely loose ones.)

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

*KR references in John Doe. (*Extremely loose ones.)

Post by jup » Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:42 am

Friday, the 13th's John Doe episode (FOX show) had a murdered woman who was driving a (K?)Night Rider Limousine and then there was a character name reference of Reginald.

A few days back, I heard an ad for a new movie that said, I'm almost certain, that Devon Miles was responsible for fixing something in the movie's plot.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:46 am

CRAP! The one night I miss it, they do it! Crud!

Although the other night, they did utter something in reference to John Doe as "one man can make a difference" I think it was a commercial for it.

And in a commercial for the new NBC show coming up in January (Mister Something or another) their tag line started out as "One Man Can Make A Difference"

KI
Last edited by knightimmortal on Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:46 am

Typed too soon. They just spelled the limo service name out. It was Knight.

Mich Knight
Volunteer

Post by Mich Knight » Sat Dec 14, 2002 1:17 am

I Saw That Ep. That was a Good One :) I Like John Doe better then that other show that Comes on Before it called "FireFly". I'm so glad FOX Didnt Cancel John Doe, that's a Great Show :)

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sat Dec 14, 2002 11:08 am

Mich Knight wrote:I Saw That Ep. That was a Good One :) I Like John Doe better then that other show that Comes on Before it called "FireFly". I'm so glad FOX Didnt Cancel John Doe, that's a Great Show :)
It seems like Friday's on Fox are death slots for shows. I am glad to see that they aren't going to cancel JD, either. (Though, I didn't know there were already considerations for doing so.)

And, what is the deal with that FireFly show? It's like they are trying to bring the classic Western television theme into the future, or something. I mean, if this is what Sci-Fi/Western looks like, it blends oddly. (Though, it's true that so much of the classic Sci-Fi flicks borrowed from Western action concepts.)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Dec 14, 2002 12:55 pm

I think the last show that did well on Friday nights on Fox was X-Files, and even then, they got it out of the Friday night death slot over there. Friday nights suck at almost every network.

And Firefly is toast. It just got cancelled. It was just too damn bizarre to remain on.

Oh, and John Doe and every other freshman series was not too well situated in the schedule, every single one of them had a bit of the spectre of cancellation hanging over them.

Knightimmortal

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Knight Rider mentioned on John Doe

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Dec 14, 2002 5:37 pm

Yesterday's episode of John Doe mentioned a limousine company twice named Knight Rider limousine.The odd thing is that all 3 areas listed for previous attempts of murder were all chess piece related so Knight was an incredible piece to use for the chess match,which the city as a playing board.

KRR
Rookie

Post by KRR » Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:14 pm

I think the series with the "One man can make a difference" tagline is is called 'Senator Bob' or something like it. I think it's about a senator :P

I was channel surfing the other day and came across a trailer of the film jup mentioned. It's called Drumline and is about a public school's marching band (aimed at a teen audience). The character Devon Miles was mentioned as the lead.

ImageImage
krr

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:18 am

I made a topic last night and for some reason it was deleted.It was the same topic as this one with the john doe reference to knight rider.I thought it would eventualy be merged but I guess since no one replied and Jup made a simaler post,that every one replied to his,and mine was deleted.Is that how it works around here? :roll:

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:45 pm

First of all, stop being so dramatic. Jup's post came first. It was up for almost a full day before yours appeared, Knight Racer. Second, look at the post above KRR's. Before you start running around here accusing people of things, being dramatic, and trying to make the board look bad, try reading. It helps a whole lot.

KI

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Dec 15, 2002 3:05 pm

I didn't see your post on the board knightimmortal which is why I was a little surprised when you instant messaged me today.Let me start by saying what happened today.When I came back to see who replied to my post I noticed that it wasn't there anymore and I did a search using cntrl+f or something like that for some reason its not working anymore.But I did the check and it showed that there was only 1 find for john doe.I thought it was deleted but it was just put in with the others from jups topic.So i figured the way things worked around here was that if 2 people had a simaler post and no one replied to it that the other post who was being kept and replied to (jups) would stay and the other(mine) would be deleted by a moderator to save space.

Now here's what REALY happened.I didn't take into account that when a person starts a post a while before the newest one is added (mine) that it could stay down and keep bing pushed down which is what probably happned to jup's because his started a day earlier then mine and later on the more people who reply to his the higher it gets put up above the ones that don't get replied to.But what got me mad was that his was right on top of mine for a while and mine had no replies but like 30 views,and jups was higher I thought mine would be deleted which didn't happen it just was added into jup's thread.So in a way my rage blinded me from keeping cool and thinking of what realy might have happned.So i'm sorry to the moderators,jup, and to the rest of the board for thinking bad about how everyone posted to jups and not mine. 8)

I know this is the second time this has happened so I'm sorry again.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:06 pm

Knight Racer wrote:I'm sorry again.
No problem by me. Just the nature of the board to call up the most recently responded/created message threads, first. (Well, now there are those sticky threads to be an exception to the rule.)

I have seen a board where the format was to use the "new threads date" as the order structure. Whenever a reply was created, it would do nothing to the placement of that thread. Which meant that if someone made a reply to a thread three years old, the thread would stay put at the three year old page mark. Talk about your ultra basic board software. Basically, it made keeping up with replies a total nightmare.

I've also seen a board structure that seems to allow ONLY the moderators/administrators the power to make thread subjects and everyone had to post replies to only those subjects. I haven't gone to that board in months, yet I still get e-mail reminders that someone entered a reply to this day. Talk about limiting.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:23 pm

I think this sort of ties in with my concerns about the "Merge" feature from the avatar thread. Yes, people SHOULD be able to find their old messages. But in practice, it's more difficult than it should be.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:26 am

Thank youu very much Michael.I was also little irked not being able to find my post.I think the power to merge threads should be limited to the moderators but they have to tell us beforehand.Otherwise someone else might do the same thing as me.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:34 am

Moderators are the only people who can merge threads. It might not be practical to notify the board when threads have been merged. I doubt there will be a major merge-fest where lots of threads start disappearing, but I think we need to think it through a bit more before threads get merged. Just a few minor bugs to work out of a new board.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:38 pm

1) Try reading rather than throwing a hissy fit.

2) Read the board before your post your thread. There may already be a thread existing before you, and it is guaranteed that you will get merged if you are the last thread.

3) Reading before complaining always helps matters. But of course, if people didn't have a reason to bitch, they would shrivel up and die.

So, in general, my advice to all of you who have a beef: READ.

KI