Who would you like to play Michael?

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Skav » Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:37 pm

Okay, its been AGES since ive posted a new topic cos everything has been done to death by now but let's JUST say that they did a remake of KR...who would you like to play Michael?

Yes, i think this has also been done before too but i'd like to hear revised opinions.

Cheers [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Skav

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:42 pm

It's been done fairly recently too, since the new news came out, and the essence was sent out that Hasselhoff might not play the part, unfortunately, I have to go with a purist attitude, along with a lot of others who had answered in those threads, that we want Hasselhoff back. Other alternatives seem cheesy to even think about.

knightimmortal

Karl Siniak
Recruit

Post by Karl Siniak » Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:56 pm

michael knight must be played by david hasselhoff otherwise it wont seem the same to us fans. whether michael is the person who dives kitt is another matter but i wouldn't like to see michael played by anyone else. they could find another actor to play kitts driver and mk could have devons job, or if they bring devon back as a hologram then (iif they ignore kr2000 which i thnk they shouldn't do) they could kill off devon once again and he could leave the foundation to michael.

HEY THATS A THOUGHT!! They could start the film off with the old kitt and devon is murdered and leaves the foundation to mk who then decides to make a new car and find who killed devon.

ANYWAY, a related subject to who could play michael is who could play kitts technichian? it doesn't look like bonnie or april will be returning unfortunately so who could be their replacement?

garrettmichaels
Stranger

Post by garrettmichaels » Thu Apr 11, 2002 2:59 pm

Someone young, 22 to 26 perhaps. The only two actors I can think of that would look the part; "except for being tall" are Joshua Jackson and Paul Walker. The reason I think Josh could pull it off is because of his performance in THE SKULLS. Paul Walker has NO redeeming acting qualities, but has the look. If DH isn't MK "onslaught of acronyms" I would prefer them to find someone new, who not only has the right style, but can also act.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Apr 11, 2002 3:45 pm

I think that Dean Cane could play Michael Knight.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:29 pm

what about David Duchovny? Even perhaps Pierce Brosnan could pull it off even if he is Irish.

Skav

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:32 pm

But yes, speaking of the technician part, perhaps Neve Campbell or a Denise Richards?? Both are beautiful ladies but i am thinking Denise cos of her pretty looks (much like why April was used for lol) and I think Neve could have her character to be an intelligent one and she is beautiful after all!!

Skav

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Apr 11, 2002 6:05 pm

Hey, Skav...

I've got a moving gif that would go great with your signature. I think I originally made it to use with the "Anti-David" category in The Big List, then changed my mind.

If you want it, just let me know and I can e-mail it to you, or something.

As for sticking to topic...I'm not really sure who would make a great replacement Michael Knight. Not one bit...

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Thu Apr 11, 2002 7:19 pm

I wouldn't want him to play Michael Knight, but if they put someone else as Kitt's partner, with Michael filling Devon's position, then I would want Michael Weatherly (Logan on Dark Angel). [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] A more cerebral crime fighter, a lot like Kyle from TKR. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And Skav, I could see Neve Campbell but Denise Richards doesn't exactly carry off smart, IMHO (see Bond movie -- physicist, yeah right).

Count Dracula
Recruit

Post by Count Dracula » Thu Apr 11, 2002 7:51 pm

How about James Masters? Ladies think he is hot. He plays as Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Thu Apr 11, 2002 8:50 pm

To play the actual role of Michael Knight, I must agree with the purists, it should be Hass....yeah. However, for a young Michael Knight "type", Dylan McKay...whoops, I mean Luke Perry would be great in my opinion. I think he's a very serious, intense actor, yet he has a loveable side mixed with a mysterious flair. I think he has proven himself as an actor, and his look fits the character as well. For a new Bonnie type character, no particularly outstanding candidates come to mind, but there are several young, quite capable women who could do the job. Heh, I would say Yasmine Bleeth, but...I don't guess the core of KR supporters would support her, and for some reasons, I wouldn't really either.

Darknight

Karrs_Shadow
Volunteer

Post by Karrs_Shadow » Thu Apr 11, 2002 9:09 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
How about James Masters? Ladies think he is hot. He plays as Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
Oh man...if Kitt's driver or tech had to be anyone from Buffy, it'd have to be the guy who plays Angel *David Boreanaz*

He's a major hottie...and fits the mysterious catagory too! I think James Masters would be good for the driver of Karr... [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

BabsBunny
Rookie

Post by BabsBunny » Thu Apr 11, 2002 11:16 pm

I'd like to see KITT given a NEW driver...played by Chris Tucker! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] *giggles*

Dreamchild
Volunteer

Post by Dreamchild » Fri Apr 12, 2002 5:26 am

I think Ewan McGregor should play Michael, with Dame Judi Dench as Bonnie and directed by Terry Gilliam. Honest. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Calum

Count Dracula
Recruit

Post by Count Dracula » Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:18 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Babs Bunny:
<STRONG>I'd like to see KITT given a NEW driver...played by Chris Tucker! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] *giggles*</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Oh hell no, you did not touch my radio. Boy you ever touch a black man's radio in these parts you get your chineese ass kicked"-Chris Tucker, Rush Hour (I don't think I got the exact quote, but meh, close enough).

I would love to see the wise cracks Kitt will make on Tucker. And vice versa. They indeed would be an interesting pair. Kitt would be the "mushu" Tucker be looking for. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Edit: AH-HA. Found the quote I was looking for.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Lee: Ah! Beach Boys!
Carter: Oh, hell no! You didn't just touch my goddamn radio!
Lee: The Beach Boys are great American music.
Carter: The Beach Boys gonna get you a great ass whuppin'. Don't you ever touch a black man's radio, boy! You can do that in China but you can get your ass killed out here, man!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[ April 12, 2002: Message edited by: Count Dracula ]

Count Dracula
Recruit

Post by Count Dracula » Fri Apr 12, 2002 9:05 am

You know what? Perhaps a fanfic crossover from Knight Rider and Rush hour would be cool, with Kitt in Kift, since the time periouds are the same match. Don't make much sense having an 80's/90's crossover, since Rush Hour never existed then, and now both exist.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Apr 12, 2002 6:12 pm

oh gee, what's his name...
that guy. he played the gladiator in the movie gladiator. :P

KITT

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:54 pm

Russell Crowe? And yeah, jup, send it to 'leeskavydis@hotmail.com' about the gif. sounds interesting. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thanks
Lee S

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sat Apr 13, 2002 12:56 am

Hmmm, I've been thinking. I hope it doesn't sound too lofty but I'd love to play the Michael Knight type character. As for the acting, the toughest part for me would be remembering the lines...the rest I think I could swing. So why not, sure thing, yep, I think i'm gonna go ahead and announce that if the production company needs an MK type character...I'm their man! :P

Darknight

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sat Apr 13, 2002 7:59 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darknight:
<STRONG>Hmmm, I've been thinking. I hope it doesn't sound too lofty but I'd love to play the Michael Knight type character. As for the acting, the toughest part for me would be remembering the lines...the rest I think I could swing. So why not, sure thing, yep, I think i'm gonna go ahead and announce that if the production company needs an MK type character...I'm their man! :P

Darknight</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I think a lot of people around here would jump up and offer. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] Richie once posted a 'cast list' with people from the board in all the different reoccurring KR characters. It was pretty funny.

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Sat Apr 13, 2002 9:21 pm

hehe, you ain'ta kiddin'. I'd accept so fast they'd think I had SPM...

DK

wilton knight
Stranger

Post by wilton knight » Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:29 am

playing the part of our ilustrious hero would be a role i would turn down....

surprised? well heres why....

if any of us fans were involved in the production of any incarnation of our favourite show, do you not think it would take away the ability to suspend belief when we watch it back???

anyway from what i can gather DH is playing the character of MK but now the character is older and so his actual role on the show will be that of the late EM as DM as what DH described as 'this older cool boss'

it would be interesting to see what explanation they give for MKs transition to leadership and what, if any, nod is given to the previous reincarnations.

seeing as MK DM and KITT were all present, i would like to see them ackowledge the kr2000 era, which would also explain DMs death and would also explain to the audience why KITT has a new body, (even if he isnt a dodge stealth his new look could be explained by sayin the conflict between K4000 and 2000 software and hardware meant that either one or the other had to go, MK as a tribute to DM decided to scrap the body of K4000 and install kitt into a new shell...)

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Apr 14, 2002 9:38 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by garrettmichaels:
<STRONG>Someone young, 22 to 26 perhaps. The only two actors I can think of that would look the part; "except for being tall" are Joshua Jackson and Paul Walker. The reason I think Josh could pull it off is because of his performance in THE SKULLS. Paul Walker has NO redeeming acting qualities, but has the look. If DH isn't MK "onslaught of acronyms" I would prefer them to find someone new, who not only has the right style, but can also act.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Last year I was watchnig an award show (god knows which one) and Joshua came up to present one, and after a minute my sister said something along the line of "he reminds me micheal knight" and he did seem to have the same style/poise of micheal. It did also help that he was wearing a light/tweed? sport jacket (suit jacket:uk) with those leather patches on the elbows [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Lastlap
Stranger

Post by Lastlap » Sun Apr 14, 2002 4:24 pm

Actor to play as:-

Michael Knight (The Son/Jr) - Paul Walker! He can drive, has a Steve Mcqueen sytle about him...

Bonnie Barstow (The Daughter) - Angelina Jolie! Good Actress! Also, anything she is in is Sweet...

K.I.T.T - William Daniels! Wouldn't be the same without him...

[ April 14, 2002: Message edited by: Lastlap ]

Chuckysan
Volunteer

Post by Chuckysan » Sun Apr 14, 2002 8:52 pm

hmmm

Micheal: Scott Caan or Mat LeBlanc
Scott has been in a few movies, Gone in 60 Seconds, Ready To Rumble, but just hasn't had that breakout hit yet. He's a pretty big guy with a look about him that says "Don't even try!". And Mat has that pretty boy look about him like DH did back in the 80's but he can do action type material, aka Lost in Space.

Bonnie: None
This may sound incredible rash, especially on this board, but I don't think there should be a "chief mechanic" type part in the movie. For one, it takes screen time away from the story line and more importantly the action. Second, if KITT is as highly advanced as we've been told, having just one person maintain him is insulting to the audience and just umbelievable.

KITT: Patrick Stuart
If they insist on reviving the nuances of the show by giving the car a personality, No one has a more distictive voice. Personally though (I know this is gonna rouse some feathers and its not meant to) I don't want them to give KITT back his personality. Now Don't get me wrong, I loved that part of the show back in the 80's. It fit with the attiudes of the time. But if they're really gonna try to bring it into this era, I feel they got to let it go. Having a car make whimisical dialogue with the star doesn't really fit into a "Action Movie", its more like a B-grade wanna-be. Make KITT as advanced as he was with all the surveilance goodies and power outputs and displays, but don't give it a personality, it won't fit with the genre and thus it'll flop at the box office, and probably doom the franchise, deleting any chance of it every coming back again in any form.

And while we're on the idea, they better give this movie one heck of a villian if they want to continue this franchise. Realistically, if they want a breakout hit, they have to bring in more audience members into the seats than just the hardcaore fans out there. Do to this, they need an over the top, flamboyent but not flashy villian. A real screen presence that people will love to hate, and that will bring in people to the seats in his own right. I'm thinking someone along the lines of Nicolas Cage (a real car nut in his own right). If they try to fall back on some overused, boring typical father/brother/uncle/Garth Knight type, the movie will bomb no matter how great the action and special effects are.

Of course, this is what "I" would do. Then again, I would make it a remake, not a continuation, but thats just me, and I know I'm in the monority on that. I'm just throwing ideas out there just like the rest, it wasn't meant as an attack on anyone elses ideas, its just where I would like to see them go.