Sequel to "Cold Knight"

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Trekie386
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Sequel to "Cold Knight"

Post by Trekie386 » Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:32 pm

Ok guys, due to popular request, I've started the sequal to "Cold Knight."

However it lacks a name as of yet. I'm going to post what I did get written, and see if any of you get any ideas on a name.

And if you think Kitt was having problems in the last one, he's really got troubles now.

[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Summary: This time Kitt gets a 'cold' so to speak. It's Michael's turn to do the pampering. Would you take care of your car this well??

Rating: G of course.

Disclaimer: As much as I wish it, the characters aren't mine. I wish like heck the car was. Characters copyright to Glen A Larson. No infringement intended.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He didn't feel very well, it wasn't an easy thing for him to admit either as he normally would never consider himself 'sick' or in any way 'sickly.' He was a car, and cars didn't get sick. Or so he tried to convince himself. Lately, however, that was getting hard to do. His programs just didn't cover this eventuality, and his self diagnosis just couldn't pinpoint the exact problem.

He did remember that it started up shortly after Michael had gotten over his own cold. He had blatantly told Michael that he didn't get sick, and wouldn't get sick, even as Michael had sneezed all over him. Now that seemed to be proven wrong. Kitt noticed the first things to go wrong were his programs were running a bit sluggish. Computations that should have taken milliseconds took a few minutes at least.

Then there was the problem with driving. He hadn't mentioned it to Michael yet, but his systems were beginning to overheat and his suspension felt stiff. He didn't have the power to turbo-boost, and Michael was sure to notice that. Little things didn't escape Michael's attention for too long.

He was going to have to tell.

First thing in the morning, he would. He needed the attention of Bonnie to care for him, or at least track down the problem and repair it.

Kitt pondered these things as he sat in the parking space outside Michael's motel room. This mission was just about over, another day at the most, and then it would be back to the semi. He still had to inform Michael about the system problems. It would be for Michael's own protection.

A breeze blew over his shell and Kitt shivered inside. What he would have given for a nice warm car cover at that moment...

~~~~~~~~~~

Michael left his hotel room, locking the door behind him. It had been a rather quiet night, which in itself was rather unusual as they were nearing the end of the assignment. He only had to get a few classified documents today, then take them to the authorities. The case would be sealed and the criminals caught.

He sauntered over to where he had left Kitt, eager to get this day behind him. He always liked the last day of an assignment as afterwards there was always a nice long drive back to the semi or Foundation Headquarters in which he could spend time with his buddy. He would never admit it but those times of talking to his computer pal were some of the best he ever had. The car could challenge him intellectually, and keep his humor as well as his spirits up.

He opened the door and climbed inside the car, still smiling. "Morning, Kitt," he greeted cheerily. "Are you ready for a big day today?"

The AI didn't respond immediately which made Michael's happy grin slide off his face. "Kitt?"

The sound that eminated from the voicebox at long last had Michael frowning down at the dash. It was sort of a raspy, hesitating gutteral sound that convinced him that either the car was coughing or the voice-modulator was stuck.

*Kuh-kuh-KAK-Kuh* "Good Morning, Michael." Kitt replied finally.

"Are you okay?" Michael asked, knowing instinctively that something was wrong.

*Kah-Kuh-HAH-Kah* "Actually, I've been meaning to speak to you on," *Huk-KAH-Huh.* "On just that subject." Kitt coughed out a reply.

"What's the problem, pal?" Michael initated a series of diagnostic checks, taking a few moments to try to pinpoint the problem.

It took a few seconds for Kitt to even process the question and before he could answer something unexpected occured. Kitt took in a deep draw of air through his cowl-induction scoop, felt it run quickly through his systems in an effort to rid them of the irriatant then expelled it violently along with a spread of moisture that covered his windshield. The sound accompanying the explosion sounded way to much like a human sneeze. *Huh-HetTchh!*

Michael jumped backwards in his seat, startled. Now his concern jumped a full notch. Something definately was wrong. "Kitt?" He asked as the car wiped away the spray with the windshield wipers. "Did you just sneeze?"

*Kuh-Kuh-KAH.* "I believe that is what just happened, Michael." Kitt responded, his voice low and miserable. "I've never experienced it before now, so I can not say for sure."

Michael's good humor was gone now, replaced with unease. "Well, bless you, buddy." He hit a few more controls. "Isn't it supposed to be impossible for you to catch a cold?"

"In theory, yes." *Huh-KAH-HUH* "However in reality, I now think it is entirely possible."

Michael scowled at the dash. "What systems are not functioning?"

It took five minutes of nothing but coughing as the AI prepared a list. Michael read them off one at a time. "Engine Temperature High, Energy levels low, Tubo Boost inoperative, Surveilance Mode decreased..." The list continued on and Michael finished reading with a sad sigh.

"Kitt?"

*KAH-KAH* "Yes, Michael?"

“Get me Bonnie.” Michael waited until the video screen popped on and Bonnie’s face came into view. She looked tired, and overworked. He hadn’t seen much of her since this newest assignment. He had promised her that they would have more time together and he intended to stick to that promise. “Bonnie,” he stated without preamble. “We’ve got a problem with Kitt.”

Her drawn face immediately registered concern. “What now, Michael? I just did a thorough systems check before he left. Kitt was in top notch condition.”

“I can’t explain it, Bonnie, but it seem that Kitt...”

He didn’t get a chance to finish as the car sneezed again, loud enough to register over the link to Bonnie. Michael watched as she jumped in her seat, surprise registering on her face.

“What was that?” She asked.

“That,” he stated, “was our problem. Kitt has got a cold.” Michael began reading off the list of symptoms to Bonnie. “I need to know what to do to fix him. I have to end this assignment today. It can’t wait.”

“Kitt?” Bonnie questioned. “Can you tell me how you feel?” She was bringing up some specs on the car as they talked. What was happening to Kitt was next to impossible.

*Keh-KAH-Huk* “I feel terrible, Bonnie. I can’t process any data fast enough, and my scanner capacity is reduced.” He paused his talking to sneeze again. *Ehh-T’Kshhhh* The wipers immediately activaed to clean the windshield.

“Bless you.” Bonnie responded automatically. “Give me some time to go over this data and I’ll see what I can do for you.” She turned her attention back to Michael. “And you, I want you to keep him as comfortable as possible until I can come up with a treatment. The engine temperature is high, don’t take him out unless you really have to. I’m sorry, Michael, but the assignment is going to have to wait.”

“Bonnie, it can’t. All I have to do is get the papers and it’s over.” Micheal rebutted her. “If we wait, he could disappear again.”

She frowned at him. “I can’t guarantee anything with Kitt right now. This shouldn’t even be possible. I’m sticking to my orders until I can review the data. Kitt goes nowhere. I’ll get the semi right out on the road.” Her voice was sten as she ordered him. “No unauthorized driving, Michael.”

He didn’t get a chance to reply as the screen blanked out when she severed the connection. “Great. Just great,” he muttered. He held up two fingers an inch apart. “I get this close to catching him and now this.”

“I’m sorry, Michael.” Kitt replied, his tone very soft and just barely audible.

Michael sighed. “It’s not your fault, really.”

“We could still try...” Kitt began then coughed. *Huh-keh. Huh-KAK* “Try to finish the mission.”

“No, Kitt, you heard her orders. I don’t want to face the firing squad if I take you out. Now is there anything I can do for you?” Michael wasn’t sure what he could do at the moment. This day certainly wasn’t shaping up to be anything he expected.

“But Micheal, this mission is almost over. One quick trip out and back and Bonnie will never know. I don’t want to be the reason for it’s failure.” Kitt argued.

Michael raised an eyebrow. Kitt rarely argued with him. “Ok, buddy, but any further signs of system failures I want to know about beforehand.” He reached down and powered up the car. The engine was running a bit rough and he almost turned it back off again. “Is everything ok, Kitt?”

*Heh-T’Kshhhhh... Huh T’Ksheeeww!* Kitt sneezed twice then the motor began to soften up a bit.

“Bless you. Are you sure about this?”

“Thank you, Michael. I should be fine.” A quick swipe of the wipers cleared the windshield.

“Alright, but remember, if we get caught, it was YOUR idea.” Michael stated as he backed the car out of the space. “Keep an eye on that temperature gague for me, pal.”

“Yes, Michael.”

~~~~~~~~~~

That's all I've got for the moment. The fic needs a name. Suggestions anyone??? I'll be working on it tonight so it should be up on my website by halloween.

Beth C

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Sequel to "Cold Knight"

Post by knightimmortal » Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:36 pm

Knight Fever

And the story is cute so far, keep it up. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

CK
Operative

Sequel to "Cold Knight"

Post by CK » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:54 pm

Awww poor Kitt. I like your idea with the wipers(saves on kleenex [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) Knight Fever sounds good or I dunno "Kitt Bug" [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Cheri

BabsBunny
Rookie

Sequel to "Cold Knight"

Post by BabsBunny » Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:57 pm

Yeah it's great!!! Keep going! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Babs Bunny

Soul Sista
Rookie

Sequel to "Cold Knight"

Post by Soul Sista » Mon Oct 28, 2002 3:23 pm

Knight Fever,eh? I like the sound of that!You gotta finish this story,Beth.Poor,poor Kitt! [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Janeway
Recruit

Sequel to "Cold Knight"

Post by Janeway » Mon Nov 04, 2002 5:35 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Babs Bunny:
<STRONG>
Babs Bunny (who has a minor cold right now herself and is thusly stuck inside all day)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel your pain, Babs...and Kitt's for that matter. I had a cold during the convention I went to last weekend. It was a proper pain in the rear end. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Loving your fics so far, Beth. Keep up the excellent work.

Hmm...I wonder what could cause cold-like symptoms in Kitt? *ponders*

Janeway

BabsBunny
Rookie

Sequel to "Cold Knight"

Post by BabsBunny » Tue Nov 05, 2002 12:42 am

Hey Beth, finish Knight Fever yet? [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'm dying to know how it ends! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Babs Bunny (who has a minor cold right now herself and is thusly stuck inside all day)