Fanfic Challenge 8 ) (I love these things!)

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

WhiteBird
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by WhiteBird » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:42 am

In the series they never explain how Devon got into the Foundation, and how he ended up working directly with Wilton. This would be a great fanfic explaining if it was a long trip up the corporate latter for Devon to be working directly under Wilton, or if Wilton recruited him personally.
If I get any ideas, I'll be sure to answer my own challenge, but in the mean time.... would anyone care to step up to the plate? [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu Aug 29, 2002 2:46 am

A Side note:

All the challenges are nice, but in order to be fair to the other challenges, and to enter the Edwards, they must be on a website first. Iaddition, we need to be a little more gentle on the board. It has taken a bit of a beating this month thanks to a troll fest, so if you could archive them on your site and provide a link, or contact one of the webmasters and see if they could host it for you, it would be appreciated.

I hate to be a fuddy duddy, and everybody knows that I support fan fiction in every way, but we do have to take the other challenges and the board into consideration.

Otherwise: happy writing!

knightimmortal

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: knightimmortal ]

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Thu Aug 29, 2002 9:40 pm

*proceeds to make a button for her fic page for her lonely little challenge*

Rusti

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:10 pm

Interesting territory. I am 87% confident that the supporting facts for this challenge are nowhere to be found in either books or episodes.

Seeing as how Michael, KITT and probably even Bonnie won't be playing much of a role in these stories, I've got to wonder how these stories can be spiced up. (As on que, my thoughts drift back to the notion that Devon had some past spy-type work...Not like a Bond-type spy. Something more subtle.)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:11 pm

Well, writers, give it your best shot. I can host it on the Knight Foundation Archive, or link out to you if you host it. Let me know! (Or Whitebird can choose to archive, her choice, once again, let me know) But write!

knightimmortal

Janeway
Recruit

Post by Janeway » Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:34 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jup:
<STRONG>Interesting territory.
I've got to wonder how these stories can be spiced up. (As on que, my thoughts drift back to the notion that Devon had some past spy-type work...Not like a Bond-type spy. Something more subtle.)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh. Personally i've always wanted to do another dr Who crossover and make Devon a member of UNIT (United Nations Intelligence Taskforce) as it strikes me that Devon would make a wonderful 'Brigadier' sort of character in his younger days!

lol

Janeway

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:57 am

Well, I'm not sure this counts because it was posted a while ago, but it is my own little take on how Wilton and Devon could have first met. ::shrugs::

Swapping Stories

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:20 am

Any other takers?

KI

nawdle88
Recruit

Post by nawdle88 » Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:44 am

Not me. Sorry.

But Janeway,

I wonder which version of the Doctor you would use? And would you use more than one of him? Not to mention the companions. Hmm. I'd love to see Devon's reaction when he goes into the TARDIS for the first time. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] LOL! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Killer KITT (also a Doctor Who fan since at least early 1983 who hasn't seen much of the McCoy run unfortunately )

[ September 17, 2002: Message edited by: Killer KITT ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:37 pm

Okies, I will kick this to the top one last time. Anybody who wants their story to still be eligible to compete in the Edwards, you have eight days to get it out for us and onto a website.

knightimmortal